What we will see
The Academy Carrara was built in 1794 as an art gallery and art school by the nobleman Giacomo Carrara and between 1807 and 1810 the architect Simone Elia enlarged it. On display are collections from the Venetian, Lombard and the Tuscan areas. A lot of pictures have been donated by important Italian families. 1800 works of art ,sculptures, porcelains and the pictures painted by important Italian painters such as Mantegna, Pisanello, Bellini, Botticelli, Raffaello, Moroni, Paolo Veronese, Lotto, Moretto, Tiepolo, Canaletto and Hayez are on display.